A thriving, vibrant construction industry relies largely on people at every level, from the general contractors all the way to the smallest trades necessary to make all building projects successful. By encouraging growth among traditionally under-utilized businesses, the construction industry ensures an environment where all can succeed and build the American Dream for future generations.
Throughout our history, Crowder has embodied a strong commitment to diversity. We firmly believe every employee, client, supplier, and subcontractor adds value to our company. As such, we proactively seek diversity in the subcontractors and suppliers with whom we work and foster positive, long-lasting relationships with each of them.
Our founders, O.P and W.T. Crowder, pledged to treat all employees well, and today we extend that same philosophy to all of our subcontractors and suppliers who become our partners. We are deeply invested in these relationships and take the following steps to ensure their success at every stage of the process:
- During the initial stages of every project, we work to determine specific opportunities for participation by small, local, disadvantaged, and minority-owned businesses. Crowder proactively seeks out these companies to expand their opportunities for participation in the bid and construction processes.
- Workshops are held prior to accepting bids to walk our subcontractors and suppliers through each bid document. Project details are openly discussed and we assist all subcontractors and suppliers to understand the requirements of each project so each has an opportunity to complete the bid process successfully.
- We provide guidance in obtaining the necessary bonding and insurance and offer any necessary financial assistance, such as payment via quick pay or a joint check agreement, to make our subcontractors and suppliers participation in a large-scale project possible.
- We share our industry best practices with our diverse subcontractors and suppliers to encourage their growth and excellence.
- We provide training opportunities through partnerships with the Carolinas AGC and Project SuperVISION® as well as our own CrowderYOUniversity.
Strong commitment to diversity is just one of the many ways Crowder gives back to local communities. For us, a commitment to diversity is more than simply the "right thing to do." It is who Crowder is.
For additional training information, contact Christa Davenport at Crowder or Sandra Wallace at the CAGC.